Thanks Tierney, I appreciate being nominated for the Liebster Award. Tierney is an amazing textile artist (as well as a big library fan) whom I’ve been following since I started my blog. You can find her here. I’ve been wanting to link a favorite post from her blog but was waiting until my library opened up again to do it.
Woohoo, the time is finally here! We’ve been allowed back in the building after almost 2 months of sheltering in place due to COVID 19. I am so excited to see my coworkers and get back to some semblance of normal. So far we’re not officially open to the public as we are taking this in-between time to do inventory etc., but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. To those patrons with their noses pressed against the glass waiting for the doors to open – Patience my dears, the time is near.
For now though, read Tierney’s – Beastie Outing – Visit to the Library, while I fill in the requirements for the Liebster Award. (Due to time constraints I’m doing a modified version.)
(Mini) LIEBSTER AWARD RULES
• Share 5 facts about yourself.
• Give a shout out to 5 other bloggers.
Here’s the Facts:
- I love to travel especially when a cruise is involved. Can’t wait until it’s safe again.
- I’m a compulsive reader and get anxious if I don’t have a stack of books nearby. (I’ve amassed quite a library in my basement just in case the libraries ever closed – guess who never ran out of books during lockdown!)
- I love spending time with my husband, who is very funny and is also my best friend. A good evening is getting Café Rio take-out and watching classic movies.
- I’m a religious person but realize that isn’t for everyone, so adhere to a live and let live kind of faith. I belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints – previously known as the Mormons, and I love the lifestyle. I joined in college and have never looked back.
5. For me, nothing beats a melty chocolate chip cookie right out of the oven with a cold glass of milk. Close second – ice cold Dr. Pepper. In fact, I think I’ll get one now.
Things I learned from Covid19 – I discovered that being still and leading a simple life is highly enjoyable and that people are basically kind and caring when the chips are down, I relearned the value of friends and family, and how crucial certain people are to my happiness. Here’s to hoping we can move ahead in a new and better way.
Shout out to a Few Fun Bloggers:
Ancient Skies – Nico writes hauntingly beautiful poetry and prose.
Marilyn Yung – This is a great travel blog and her photos are stunning.
Norms 2.0 – Norm does a spotlight on Thursdays called Norm’s Thursday doors. It’s aimed at door lovers of the world, of which I am one!
North Liza Lane – This blogger is an incredibly talented artist. I love that she sometimes shows the process of how she creates her masterpieces.
That’s all for today my friends. Thanks for reading and following along. As always, I appreciate your comments and opinions.